Acai is definitely my number one go to for morning breakfasts, and it has been for several years. Even back when it was all fairly new to the Australian market and only available at very select cafes, I used to make “acai bowls” to take with me to work the next day, preparing with excitement the night before then consuming a brown, liquid smoothie with a little granola added for morning tea. Oh how times, and my knowledge changed since those early days. Rain, hail, sun or snow, I consume at least one of these bowls every couple of days. Balanced on winters days by a strong hot coffee, or slurped up rapidly in the high heat of summer, Acai is a versatile, delicious meal for any time of the day at any time of the year.
- In a high powered blender add
- 2 frozen Bananas
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1 frozen Acai smoothie pack (I always use pure, as the ones labelled as “energy” etc have other additives I would rather add and control myself)
- A splash or two of Coconut Milk (from a tetra pack, not the canned variety)
- Blend until smooth and creamy, the less liquid you add the thicker the mixture will be, so always start with less and add more as need.